Sometimes self-care is making a super yummy and healthy lunch. I thought I would share this awesomely yummy and good for you, Vegan Risotto and courgette ‘lasagne’.
You will need:
- Arborio risotto rice
- 2 vegetable knorr stock pots
- Two big o’ handfuls of spinach
- Courgette lasagne sheets (I got mine from Sainsburys) or sliced lasagne
- Free from dairy pesto
- 1 microwave steam veggie pack
- 1 litre of boiled water
- Vegan butter
- frying pan
- lasagne dish
- Steam your veggies in the microwave as instructed on pack
- Add boiling water to knorr stock pots in a pouring jug and stir until mixed.
- Fry your arborio rice in vegan butter for two minutes in a medium heated frying pan.
- Add a small amount of stock at a time to the rice until it is absorbed fully. Stir continuously until cooked
- add washed spinach till fully wilted
- spread half of the rice out on the lasagne dish
- place your courgette strips on top
- add three big spoonfuls of pesto till the layer of courgette is covered.
- add your pre steamed veggies
- add the second layer of courgette strips
- then add the final layer of risotto
- cook in 180C oven for 25 minutes or until the top is crispy and the courgette is soft.
- serve and enjoy